Monday, February 14, 2011

Cottage Renovation

Even though I seemed to be MIA (missing in action) on the blog front I have still be tinkering with little projects and taking endless photographs, which can be seen in my slide show of images. I've also been busy with our cottage renovation, turning it from another's well loved home (i.e dark, small, avocado bathroom, green painted  living room, you get the picture!) into our well loved home (light, bright, extended, yummy bathroom, open plan living but in a cottage style, again I think you get the picture).

An example of some nice old wallpaper!


discovered when we did this.....


....knocked the back of the house down....


The part of the house on the right is all new, the sloping glass roof is where the new kitchen sits. It lets in so much light it completely transforms downstairs.


A heart shaped jug from my collection...


Coffee, Sugar & Tea canisters from my friend 'J'...


A Kilner jar decorated with ribbon and tea pot charm for my peppermint tea...


I'm very pleased with this new edition to my kitchen, an egg rack...


More Kilner jars for storage...


My new kitchen in a sort of grey/green colour with oak worktop and oak flooring. There is a breakfast bar on the opposite side to the oven which is where we all seem to gravitate to...


and finally my lovely Butler sink in the utility room, we actually have two original ones that were already in the house but they have far too many years of grime to use. They will however find a home somewhere possibly in the garden for veggies or herbs??


Rebecca x




2 comments:

  1. A beautiful and inspirational set of photos - ideas that all could create and on a budget! Your house seems to have become a home with your finishing touches - look forward to seeing more! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you say tinkering with projects!!! If that's your tinkering, the rest of us are in serious trouble!!! You are inspirational - you take a worn out, tatty old anything - jug, egg holder, bar stool, HOUSE!! And upcycle it into something magical. You have a gift in this. You ability to tell stories with your camera is amazing - your photos are never just moments captured in time, but seem to contain so much - precision, light, beauty, love and potential; you're left wanting more. You're an incredibly talented woman, and this is just a glimpse of what you can do. So proud to know you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...